If your passion lies in both clothes and business, starting a fashion line in 2019 is the best way to monetize your skills. The market for clothing items is never going to sink with an ever-expanding population in the world that needs to be clothed. The way the fashion industry is currently heading, you can easily take your fashion line to the next level within a short period of time. But the idea of starting one’s own fashion line could be daunting to most people. There are so many factors to consider when starting a clothing business. Here are 10 important steps to starting a fashion line 2019.
Setting up an online fashion store has never been easier than it is today with the invention of popular e-commerce providers such as Bigcommerce, Wix, and Shopify. Even if you are not technically proficient, you can easily use the tools provided by these e-commerce services to create a professional and aesthetically-appealing fashion store. Following these 10 steps will let you set-up your own fashion store and start selling clothes in a matter of hours at a fraction of the cost that most customers pay at a brick and mortar store.
- The first step to building your online fashion store is to choose the right e-commerce software on the market. The store building software that you plan to choose should suit your current business needs and be able to cater to your growing business needs over time. The technological advancements in the industry have made online store builders quite inexpensive compared to the past. An online store builder will take care of all the technical issues and connect you to a relevant payment processor allowing you to accept payments from your customers. With the SSL Certificate provided by reliable online store builders, you don’t have to worry about security and hacking risks. This certificate will provide encrypted and secure communication between your store and the customer’s internet browser. Shopify and Bigcommerce are two of the best software systems to build your online fashion store.
- Choosing a custom domain name is essential if you want to add a professional touch to your fashion line. In fact, the more professional your fashion store looks, the more consumers will want to purchase from you. A custom domain will let you build your online brand – which is essential for the long-term success of your fashion line. Make sure you have thought of a company name for your fashion store before you buy the domain name. Try to think of something catchy but not too long. The name that you choose now will have a long-term impact on the success of your online fashion store. There are so many domain providers on the market such as GoDaddy, NameCheap, and Hostgator for you to choose from.
- Choosing the right template is the fun part of the process. It will let you create the storefront that you dreamed about. All the major storefront builders provide beautiful and professional templates for this purpose. The template you choose will determine the look and feel of your fashion line. Hence, making the right decision is very important in this regard. You should have your ideal customer in mind when choosing the appropriate template for your store. The age, income, and lifestyle of the customer are important factors to consider in this regard. All major storefront builders offer dozens of template for you to choose from.
- Choosing a reliable hosting plan is the next step in setting up your clothing store. Now that you have the e-commerce store, template, and domain name, a reliable hosting plan should let you set up your online store without further delay. There are many hosting services on the market. You should opt for the best package that suits your current business needs. Make sure you opt for a dedicated hosting package and not a shared one. A shared package isn’t reliable when you are attempting something as complicated as setting up your own fashion line in 2019. Hostgator and Godaddy are two of the best hosting providers on the market today.
- Creating your designs is another important step in the process. Even if you have a design concept for one product at the starting stages, it is important that you get it on paper or screen as a sketch. A computer program such as Illustrator can assist you a lot in this process. Once the sketch is done, you should think about the “tech pack” – which is important for the manufacturer.
- It is time to take your product to the manufacturer. You should source the right person or team that will take your sketch and make it a reality. This step is important even if you plan to buy readymade products wholesale and sell them. Use your contacts to find a suitable manufacturer out there.
- Testing the product is the next step in the process of setting up your own online clothing store. Taking samples to the market is a good way to test the product before you commit to the full production run. Facebook Marketplace is a great place to ask for feedback from your customers.
- Taking the product to the market is the next step in the process. Once you have tested the samples and know that they are selling, you can order the first full production run. Now is the time to get serious about selling your product. You can promote your clothing store using search engine optimization and other marketing methods.
- Promoting the brand is important when setting up your own fashion line in 2019. That is where pay per click advertising, search engine optimization, social media marketing, and other online marketing strategies come in handy. You should use these methods to promote your online fashion store to your target clientele across the globe.
- Scaling up the business is the final step in the process of promoting your own fashion line in 2019. Take some time to reflect where you plan to take your business before you commit to the next big step. It pays to keep things small for the first few seasons. You should learn about production and fulfillment before taking on the next challenge.
If you’re ready to start your own fashion line in 2019, click here and schedule a FREE consultation today.